About the club

Our history

The Club was founded in 1925 in memory of Professor Alfred Newton F.R.S. (1829 –1907). Formed as a frustrated response to the blocking of a move to form different sections within the Cambridge Natural History Society, it was originally called the Cambridge Ornithological Club and membership was restricted to only 20 persons! More...

Research

Our Research Committee is responsible for coordinating and promoting surveys across the county that are relevant to the club's aims. It reports the findings through the Club’s publications and at meetings. More...